Richard Bennett Photography is owned and operated by Tasmanian photographer Richard Bennett. Richard is an AIPP Master of Photography specialising in yachting, landscape, aerial and food photography.
Richard has an award-winning library of images and has produced 12 coffee table books.
Richard conducts keynote presentations on his life and career.
Richard is well known for his images of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. He has photographed the race for 40 years from a fixed wing aircraft. He has a unique style that tells the story of the yachts at sea.
Richard Bennett Photography conducts photography workshops. His workshops are suitable for professional and enthusiast photographers.
- AIPP Master of Photography IV
- Honorary Fellow of the AIPP
- Fellow of the AIPP
- Centenary Medal for promotion of Tasmania through photography (2003)
- PICA Gold Tripod Award for outstanding contribution to the Australian Imaging Industry (2006)
- Nikon/Kodak Australian Press Photographer of the Year (1999) Best Sports Photograph
- EPSON AIPP Tasmanian Professional Photographer of the Year (2005)
- International Photography Hall of Fame and Museum - produced worlds largest photographic diorama (1996)
- Tasmanian Professional Photographer of the Year 2003
Professional Career Highlights
- Master of Photography AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography)
- AIPP member since 1973
- AIPP National President 1993/94
- AIPP Chairman of the Board 1995/96
- Chairman of the Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA) (8 years).
- Currently Chairman of the AIPP Honours Committee